We want you to be satisfied with every purchase you make. If an item you purchased arrived broken, is faulty or isn't what you had in mind, we're here to help, subject to the below terms.This policy forms part of our Terms and Conditions. We are committed to operate our business in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and all policies are subject to the applicable law.
14 Days Exchange and Refund Policy
We will refund or exchange most goods if you return them within 14 days of purchase, provided:
- it is in its original packaging and condition, including all attachments, accessories and documentation;
- it is unused
Returns and exchange requests for items purchased more than 14 days ago might incur collection, delivery and processing fees. However, goods that show a manufacturing defect within the first 6 months of purchase will be repaired, replaced or refunded at no cost to you. See Repairs and warranties.
- Unsuitable for purpose
If you indicated a particular purpose for which you intend using the goods to a salesperson who confirmed that you will be able to use the goods for that purpose, you may return the goods within 10 working days after you purchased them if it turns out that the goods are not suitable for the purpose you anticipated and indicated to the salesperson. Subject to our rights in law to charge you for use and to get the goods fit for re-stocking, we will give you a refundYou may return the item for an exchange by contacting us online to make arrangements for the collection / delivery of the item. Promotional free or bundled items that were part of a purchase must also be returned.
- Incorrect item delivered
Should an item be incorrect, please contact us to arrange for the earliest convenient collection date. Once returned to the store, the Product will undergo an assessment following which, the correct item will be dispatched. Promotional free or bundled items that were part of a purchase must also be returned.
Defective or Damaged Goods
If your goods turn out to be defective within the first 6 months after you received them from us, we will repair them, replace them or give you a refund. The courier service will be charged at the going rate for your area and Product specifications. Please note that it may not be possible to determine in-store whether goods have been damaged or what the cause of a failure or defect may be. This is important as it determines whether the goods may be repaired, replaced or refunded. Accordingly, we reserve the right to refer returned goods for technical assessment by the manufacturer or authorised service centre prior to repairing, replacing or refunding and to provide you with feedback within 10 days of receipt of the returned goods and to act accordingly. We may arrange for the assessment to take place at your home in the case of large appliances.If your goods show a defect after the initial 6 month period, but still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, we may send the goods to the manufacturer for repair and the manufacturer will decide whether you have a valid claim and if so, whether they will repair or replace. If the goods become defective once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, we can arrange with the manufacturer or its agents to repair them. No repairs will be done without you approving a quotation first. Should an item be damaged or defective, please contact us immediately to arrange for the earliest convenient collection date. Please make a note on the delivery waybill of damages as well. Once returned to the store, the Product will undergo an assessment following which a decision be made on the replacement of the item. Promotional free or bundled items that were part of a purchase must also be returned.
Certain Products are excluded from the 14 day exchange or refund policy due to hygiene reasons, applicable legislation or for reasons of cost efficiency. The goods we exclude from the 14 day return and exchange policy are:
- Software, CDs, DVDs and pre-recorded videos are protected by copyright law. Unless there is a manufacturing defect in the goods, you can only return these goods if they are still in the original condition as sold and the packaging has not been opened yet.
- Goods purchased by way of special arrangement or custom order will only be replaced if defective. Customers are encouraged to ensure that measurements and specifications of custom made blinds are 100% correct when ordering, as custom made orders cannot be refunded or exchanged if incorrect sizes were provided
- Perishable goods that are returned beyond their expiry dates
- Goods which are sold at discounted prices, damaged, defective, used or repaired, where we disclosed these facts to you before you bought the goods
- Swimwear, underwear, shavers, toothbrushes and other personal care items
Once we have assessed a returned item and approved a refund, you will receive your money back in the same manner in which you purchased it from us:
- Credit note
- Electronic transfer directly into your account (5 to 7 days)
- Cash (if the original payment was made in cash)
- Credit card (by reversal back to your credit card and subject to banking delays)
- Cheque – within one week of request and only once your original cheque is cleared
- Gift card
We will refund a purchase for the exact amount paid less the following:
- Credit note
- any delivery costs already incurred by us,
- any restocking fee for special orders
If you have purchased a Product which is defective within its warranty period, please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect. Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods.After the 6 months' statutory warranty has expired, some Products have an extended warranty. These warranties are usually stated in the Product brochure, and may be subject to the manufacturer's specific terms and conditions.
Manufacturers’ Warranties Conditions
Appliances, computers and sporting equipment
- Goods that show a manufacturing defect within the first 6 months of purchase will be repaired, replaced or refunded. We can also book a service call with the supplier on your behalf, if you phone in and request us to do this
- Defects that develop after 6 months may be repaired, replaced or refunded at the manufacturer’s election, and subject to the relevant manufacturer’s policy or extended warranty
- The nature of the goods (size, technical specifications, etc.) often dictates where the repair will take place. For example, on site or at the manufacturer’s premises
- Goods that show a manufacturing defect within the first 6 months of purchase will be repaired, replaced or refunded. We can book a service call with the supplier on your behalf, if you phone in and request us to do this
The manufacturer’s warranty will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances:
- Damage caused by lightning or power surges
- Damage caused by misuse or abuse to the goods
- Goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured
- Goods used contrary to their instruction manuals
- Accidental damage